[CentOS] Building an "instant on" X terminal

Wed Apr 14 20:26:18 UTC 2010
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 03:04:26PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On 4/14/2010 2:38 PM, Stephen Harris wrote:
> > I look at the LTSP code base, but this looks like it wants to run as it's
> > own OS; I already have a C5 server in my house, I don't want to build
>
> LTSP doesn't install another OS on the server - it PXE-boots one to
> client devices with just enough to run X as a thin client.  That would
> probably work for you - or whatever local install you can do that
> doesn't start X and once it is up, do 'X -query server'.

My reading of the ltsp pages is that they prefer to distribute it as
an OS image, with the ltsp components already integrated and that it's
"hard work" to do the integration yourself.
  http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ltsp/index.php?title=Ltsp5Status
  http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ltsp/index.php?title=IntegratingLtsp

Has this changed?

--