[CentOS] Building an "instant on" X terminal

Thu Apr 15 05:17:51 UTC 2010
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Stephen Harris wrote:
> So I thought this would be a great device to build as an "instant on"
> type device.  Well, as close to instant-on as possible :-)  This probably
> means a standard C5 build is not suitable (too many processes running;
> would take a while to start up).  So an "X terminal", maybe.

check out DSL, Damn Small Linux.  entire system fits on a 50MB flash or
credit card sized miniCD.   runs X and everything.   uses busybox and
uClinux userspace utils, TWMN is the window manager, it should be able
to run as an X terminal, rdesktop, etc.