[CentOS] Keyboard problem

Sat Apr 17 01:30:49 UTC 2010
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 6:02 PM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've had a Logitech cordless desktop on my primary desktop for the
> last few years, and every once in a while the number pad would just
> "go out" - the <enter> key and num-lock would still work, but of all
> the others would do nothing except the 5, which would pop-up a
> subwindow in some app on the screen that didn't have the focus.

Erk - the (wireless) keyboard behaves just fine after a reboot.  This
leads me to suspect a problem in either the kernel or the desktop, but
I think I've tried restarting the gdm before for this with no luck
(had to reboot), so I more strongly suspect the kernel (driver/s).
The mouse works just fine in both cases.  It's an EX110 wireless
desktop, BTW.

My son uses the exact same hardware on his Windows machine, and it
never does this.  In fact, the first time this happened, Logitech sent
me a whole new wireless set, and that's the one I've been using ever
since, and this has happened before a couple of times.  Once it just
went away by itself, the other time I deliberately rebooted to fix it.

I should probably point out that I use the PS2 ports instead of the
(optional) USB connection - does anyone know if that works better (I
suspect it might, since the USB drivers seem to be more robust than
most).

Rebooting is not a good solution, even if it works as a "fix."

mhr