[CentOS] Volume keys don't work

Sat Apr 17 17:51:27 UTC 2010
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 6:36 PM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> A side effect that I just noticed is that the volume up/down controls
> keys no longer seem to function at all.
>
> I reset the keyboard shortcuts to use them, but even with the whole
> volume control panel enabled, they don't do a thing.
>
> What did I break?  I don't remember seeing this one before....

Update:  Just for the heck of it, I set the volume controls to use the
"skip track" back (|<<) and forward (>>|) keys instead.  These work.
When I changed them back to the volume down and up keys, they failed.

Now I'm completely baffled - the keyboard shortcut applet recognizes
the volume control keys, but they don't work, but the mute key works,
and the track back and forward buttons function for the volume???

Anyone?

TIA.

mhr