[CentOS] centOS vs "the upstream vendor"

Thu Apr 22 23:12:09 UTC 2010
Kevin Kempter <kevink at consistentstate.com>

Hi All;

I have a laptop running the "workstation" version of Linux from RedHat. I've
enabled the EPEL and rpmfusion repos plus I'm subscribed to the following
channels:
    *  Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop (v. 5 for 64-bit x86_64)
    * Red Hat Network Tools for RHEL Client (v.5 64-bit x86_64)
    * RHEL Desktop Supplementary (v. 5 for 64-bit x86_64)
    * RHEL Desktop Workstation FasTrack (v. 5 for 64-bit x86_64)
    * RHEL Desktop Workstation (v. 5 for 64-bit x86_64)
    * RHEL Desktop FasTrack (v. 5 for 64-bit x86_64)

I have openioffice version 3.1.1

I also have 2 employees running fully patched 5.4 CentOS. They also have the
EPEL and rpmfusion repos enabled as well as the centos plus repo.  They
however have openoffice version 2.3.0

I *thought* that CentOS was basically the equivelant of RHEL. did we do
something wrong? or is RHEL (at least in the case of openoffice) shipping a
newer release than CentOS?

Thanks in advance...