[CentOS] System Resources Graphing

Mon Apr 26 16:58:18 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 4/26/2010 11:38 AM, Matt wrote:
>> Take a look at the "sysstat" package which will collect data over
>> time.  There's a java-based desktop app called "kSar" that can use
>> this data to generate graphs.
>
> I have sysstats already but want a graphing.  ksar sounds appealing.
> I do not have physical access to this server so I need to access ksar
> through http on the server.  Does it support that?  Googling for the
> answer on how to do this but not finding what I want yet.

Physical access shouldn't be necessary.  Snmp based tools expect to work
over the network and you can run local graphic programs remotely through
an ssh tunnel.  If you have to use only http, you could run cacti on the
server itself, monitoring itself - and it is one of the easier systems
to set up.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com