[CentOS] how to reroute all ADSL traffic via another server on the internet?

Wed Apr 28 13:55:00 UTC 2010
Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com>

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 3:49 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Rudi wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know, if it's possible to reroute all (i.e. HTTP / FTP /
>> DNS / SMTP / POP3 / IMAP / etc) from an ADSL connected machine via
>> another server, which is currently hosted with IS and has full
>> internet access?
>>
>> i.e. Can I setup another machine, on a different public IP than the
>> dynamic ADSL IP as default gw? OR do I need todo something on that
>> machine to work as a router for such a setup?
> <snip>
> I don't quite understand what you're asking. Do you mean
>  <ADSL system><-><hosted system><->the 'Net
> or do you mean
> <the 'Net>-><hosted system>-><ADSL system>
> ?
> That is, are you trying to offer Web, FTP (BAD idea, use sftp or scp), and
> email from your ADSL-connected server, or do you want to connect to the
> 'Net via the hosted system?
>
>      mark

Mark,

We, in South Africa sit with a huge problem in that our clients can't
connect to the rest of the world cause SEACOM is down. i.e. our client
can, for the past 3 days, only surf local (i.e. local in South Africa)
websites, email, etc. We have a lot of client's servers hosted in the
USA, so they can't reach their websites or email and business is
standing still for them.

So, I want to reroute all their traffic via one of our other servers
which right now has got full internet access, as such:

<ADSL client> - <Limited internet> - <server> - <full internet>

I already setup squid for this and it works great, but doesn't proxy
SMTP / POP3 / Skype / IM / RDP / etc etc. And I don't want to setup a
proxy service for evey service imaginible.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com