[CentOS] how to reroute all ADSL traffic via another server on the internet?

Wed Apr 28 14:32:24 UTC 2010

Rudy,

Rudi wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 4:06 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>
>> AH! The light dawns! <g>
>>
>> Sounds to me as though you need to have the clients use the hosted
>> system as their gateway, as though they're on a subnet, and have to go
>> through the hosted system as a firewall (not a bad idea in itself). They
>> need to *not* look directly out.
>>
>> Sounds like an iptables setup to route through the hosted system.
>> Remember, if that works for you, that all the rules for blocking should
>> happen *first* in /etc/sysconfig/iptables.
>
> That's right :)
>
> But, I don't know how todo this, or what todo....... And I don't know
> what to look for on the internet to help me with this either.

*sigh*
I was just thinking about this, and I think the answer is
$ route add -net 0.0.0.0 gw <hosted IP> eth0

> What makes it different that what I've setup before is that it's not
> really a LAN anymore, so I can't just tell the ADSL connected server
> to use the hosted server as gateway, I don't think that'll work.

What's not really a LAN anymore - does the ADSL server have people using
that as a gateway?

      mark