[CentOS] how to reroute all ADSL traffic via another server on the internet?

Wed Apr 28 14:36:05 UTC 2010
Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com>

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 6:55 AM, Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> We, in South Africa sit with a huge problem in that our clients can't
> connect to the rest of the world cause SEACOM is down. i.e. our client
> can, for the past 3 days, only surf local (i.e. local in South Africa)
> websites, email, etc.
>
> So, I want to reroute all their traffic via one of our other servers
>
> <ADSL client> - <Limited internet> - <server> - <full internet>

I'm rather rusty on the details of this, but isn't the correct way to
handle this to have <server> publish an ARP route indicating that it
provides routing to (the IP space containing) <ADSL client>?

Any mere proxy or VPN hosted at <server> will allow <ADSL client> to
transparently establish connections, but won't allow <full internet>
to reach the IP address of <ADSL client> (nor anything else in
<Limited internet>).  Maybe that's not needed here.