[CentOS] adding users on multiple servers

Thu Apr 1 12:39:19 UTC 2010
Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com>

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 5:02 AM, Bazy <bazy84 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Unfortunately I have to add 2 users on 200 servers that do not have
> centralized authentication or sudo or the same room password. I tried
> doing this with expect and "su -" but the script fails or acts funny.
> Please advise me or tell me where I need to look...

Short of finding some remotely exploitable vulnerability, you'll have
to visit each server and login. Imagine if you *could* create IDs
without root authority? :D

Are the servers identically configured?

If you can login remotely as root you can automate some of them via
expect. What issues were you encountering?

If you're doing this it might be the perfect opportunity to add some
sort of remote management or authentication to the systems.