[CentOS] Release 6?

Thu Apr 1 16:25:18 UTC 2010
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Niki Kovacs wrote:

> Recently a friend of mine complained his Debian stable system was "too
> conservative", given the somewhat outdated software. I told him not to
> mind, since Debian is bleeding edge compared to my OS of choice.

Maybe your friend needs another distro, of course everyone knows
it's conservative for a reason. I've been a Debian user for 12
years now, and still run it exclusively on my own systems. Though
I use CentOS/RHEL for "work" stuff. For those 12 years I've run
stable throughout except for about a year in ~2001 when I ran
testing for a little while. Even on my desktops I run stable. If
the hardware is too new(desktops/laptops only) I run Ubuntu
since it has a similar package selection.

I *just* finished upgrading to CentOS 5.4 6 days ago.

nate