[CentOS] centos + ldap + syncrepl (push vs pull)

Fri Apr 2 00:49:25 UTC 2010
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 17:25 -0700, aurfalien at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> Will the below config allow me to push using slurp... to the d that is;
>
> primary ldap slapd.conf;
> replica uri=ldap://ldap.dns.name:389
> binddn="cn=replicauser,dc=domain,dc=name" bindmethod=simple
> credentials=passofreplicauser
>
> secondarie{s} ldap slapd.conf;
> updatedn cn=replicauser,dc=domain,dc=name
> updateref ldap://ldap.dns.name

----
This what I am using... YMMV

(primary - a separate, virtually stanza for each slave)
replica         host=linserv1.example.com:389
                suffix="dc=example,dc=com"
                binddn="cn=replica,dc=example,dc=com"
                credentials=passwordofreplica
                bindmethod=simple
                tls=yes

(secondary any/all)
updatedn        "cn=replica,dc=example,dc=com"
updateref       ldap://linserv2.example.com

Don't forget, cn=replica,dc=example,dc=com must be given write access to
everything via ACL's

Craig

believed to be clean.