[CentOS] Problem updating VM

Mon Apr 5 21:01:19 UTC 2010
Chris Geldenhuis <chris.gelden at iafrica.com>

Kwan Lowe wrote:
> That module is from CentOS python-elementree. Try validating that package:
>
> rpm -qV python-elementtree
>
> Note that this is different from python-celementtree from rpmforge...
>
> [snip]
>
> When you do a query, just use the basename:
>
> rpm -q python-celementtree

Hi Kwan and Stephen,

Thanks for your replies.

When I do:
[root at tusker ~]# rpm -qV python-elementtree
[root at tusker ~]#

I get no output as you can see. When I do:

[root at tusker ~]# rpm -q  python-elementtree
python-elementtree-1.2.6-7.el4.rf
[root at tusker ~]#

I get the package name listed: When I then do:
[root at tusker ~]# rpm -q --info python-elementtree
Name        : python-elementtree           Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.2.6                             Vendor: Dag Apt
Repository, http://dag.wieers.com/apt/
Release     : 7.el4.rf                      Build Date: Sun 13 Aug 2006
06:38:39 PM SAST
Install Date: Mon 05 Apr 2010 06:46:15 PM SAST      Build Host:
lisse.leuven.wieers.com
Group       : Development/Libraries         Source RPM:
python-elementtree-1.2.6-7.el4.rf.src.rpm
Size        : 471008                           License: PSF
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Sun 13 Aug 2006 09:39:29 PM SAST, Key ID
a20e52146b8d79e6
Packager    : Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>
URL         : http://effbot.org/zone/element-index.htm
Summary     : Fast XML parser and writer
Description :
The Element type is a simple but flexible container object, designed
to store hierarchical data structures, such as simplified XML
infosets, in memory. The element type can be described as a cross
between a Python list and a Python dictionary.

This package also includes the C implementation,
cElementTree-1.0.5-20051216.
[root at tusker ~]#

Which appears to tell me that this is an old version possibly installed
from an incorrect repositry (Dags) and not the standard CenTOS repositries.

My problem now is that yum does not work as there is a conflict between
this version of the package and the updated Pyhton. Any idea on
recovering from this situation.

ChrisG