[CentOS] Consecutive Jobs

Wed Apr 7 05:17:45 UTC 2010
Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at activenetwerx.com>

>Are you looking for a real job scheduler?  If so, it might be overkill,
>but you might want to look into software like Sun Grid Engine, Torque,
>or Condor (there are quite a few other schedulers out there).  If those
>aren't what you're hoping for, perhaps you could give more details about
>what you're trying to accomplish.

Based on John and Les's reco for a different cluster need, I am reading up
on Torque etc now, but this just a trivial need I want to plug asap. It really
is as simple as I wrote out earlier, multiple servers ssh a background job at
nearly the same time consisting of an rsync command. The destination host for
this target gets overwhelmed with more than one at a time...

Thanks,
jlc