[CentOS] Kernel panic due to vg00 not found while not using LVM at all

Fri Apr 9 12:29:47 UTC 2010
Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:05 AM, Peter Blajev <pblajev at ucsd.edu> wrote:
> After that it's trying to mount root and it fails with kernel panic.
>
> This system is using disk partitions. It's not using LVM.
>
> I can boot in rescue mode and "chmod /mnt/sysimage". All partitons are
> there and mountable. No fsck errors. I checked /boot/grub/grub.conf and
> it looks fine to me. The time stamp was from last month when I did the
> first update. Also there are no new files in /boot since the update from
> last month.
>
> Why is it looking for logical volumes? Any idea?

Not certain, but maybe relabeling the volumes might help?  It
shouldn't make a difference if you're not using LVMs, but recently I
had a boot failure on a RedHat system that was resolved by using
e2label on all the disk partitions.