[CentOS] OT: Dropbox - Fedora Core 9 RPM will work on CentOS 5.4?

Mon Apr 12 15:00:51 UTC 2010
William Hooper <whooperhsd at gmail.com>

> Dropbox has an RPM for Fedora Core 9 (x86). I am running CentOS 5.4 on
> my Desktop, which I believe is based on Fedora Core 6.  Are the
> libraries Fedora Core 9 uses substantially different than those CentOS
> 5.4 uses?  If Dropbox had an SRPM available, I would Download that and
> Rebuild, but I'm sure it is Proprietary and they won't release an SRPM
> to me.  TIA!
> Lanny

I'm successfully using Dropbox on couple of CentOS 5.4 machines, but
in a headless configuration.  I followed the instructions on the
Dropbox Wiki[1].  I concur with Joseph that it looks like the RPM is
just the Nautilus plugin.  Since I don't use that I'm not sure how
compatible it is with CentOS.

[1] http://wiki.dropbox.com/TipsAndTricks/TextBasedLinuxInstall

--
William Hooper