[CentOS] XFS-filesystem corrupted by defragmentation Was: Performance problems with XFS on Centos 5.4

Tue Apr 13 23:15:34 UTC 2010
Ross Walker <rswwalker at gmail.com>

On Apr 13, 2010, at 2:06 PM, Bernhard Gschaider <bgschaid_lists at ice-sf.at
 > wrote:

> Just to close this thread and remove any doubt that it might have
> raised about XFS: the problem was a PEBCAB[1]
> It was pointed out to me on the XFS-list that the device I used for
> xfs_db was inconsistent with the info from xfs_info (I was blindly
> copying the device from the output of df)
>
> Footnotes:
> [1]  PEBCAB: Problem exists between chair and keyboard

Sorry I wasn't reading the list for a few days and when I saw the
problem you had I was like holy sh!t, I'm glad it turned out to be a
non-issue.

Did defragging help?

Can you give me the layout of your disks, chunk size, how many (I
think you said it was raid5?) so I can verify the sunit and swidth
values are correct?

-Ross