[CentOS] CentOS-friendly wiki engine ?

Fri Apr 16 13:36:04 UTC 2010
Samuel Contesse <samuel.contesse at softcomponent.ch>

Hi,

Have a look at:
http://www.wikimatrix.org/

I would suggest you Dokuwiki which is really simple to implement and
use.

    Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On
Behalf Of m.roth at 5-cent.us
Sent: vendredi, 16. avril 2010 15:21
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] CentOS-friendly wiki engine ?

Nikki,

> One of our local town halls has asked me to implement a wiki-based
> website dedicated to ecological farming. The wiki is supposed to host
> variety of documents in text, video and audio format.
>
> I've never used any wiki engines myself. Is there any one you can
> recommend in particular ? I'm using CentOS 5 on the server, so I would
> be glad to use a solution where I don't have to jump through burning
> loops (e. g. install a more recent version of PHP/Python/whatever) to
> make it work.

mediawiki is always a good choice. That's what wikipedia runs on, and
may
be slightly more involved to install and configure than other, lighter
weight wikis, but it industrial strength.

In addition, it's not too hard to add some security - where I was
working
a couple of years ago, one of our developers knocked out, in short
order,
an area that was only accessible by password.

         mark