[CentOS] vmware-server-console not installed

Mon Apr 26 17:48:33 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 4/26/2010 12:36 PM, Agnello George wrote:
> I had installed the vmware server ( VMware-server-2.0.1-156745.i386 ) on
> my CentOS 5 box how ever i am not able to  to find the command
> vmware-server-console . Do i need to install that RPM separately .

The 2.x server doesn't have a separate console program like the 1.x
series did - remote access is browser-based.  Connect via http on port
8882 or https on 8883.  But, there are problems with the glibc library
in RHEL/CentOS5 updates that may not be resolved yet.  Do you even have
the server running?

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com