[CentOS] vmware-server-console not installed

Tue Apr 27 16:51:21 UTC 2010
Benjamin Franz <jfranz at freerun.com>

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Does anyone else think it is extremely strange that Red Hat introduced
> an incompatible base library change late in the life of their enterprise
> OS?  Or that VMware hasn't followed with a matching change in subsequent
> updates?  I don't get it
VMware appears to be intentionally slow-motion killing their VMware
Server product in favor of ESX/ESXi. They declined to publish needed
security updates for Server in the latest round and if you check the
lifecycle support web page they say "VMware Server was declared End Of
Availability on January 2010. Support will be limited to Technical
Guidance for the duration of the support term." They also are not
offering support contracts for it as far as I can see.

I wouldn't count on any meaningful updates for it.

--
Benjamin Franz