[CentOS] C5: correct place for routing scripts?

Thu Apr 29 13:27:07 UTC 2010
Kimmo Koivisto <koippa at gmail.com>

> I am looking for a bit different thing here. Those are normal
> destination based routes, I have source routing (and other routing
> based on rules), for example:

This is the only way I found to do it, and might not be the best solution:

1. create /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-zscripts with contents
DEVICE=dummy0
ONBOOT=yes

2. create /sbin/ifup-local executable with for example:
#!/bin/bash
if [ "$1" == "dummy0" ]; then
  echo "running scripts"
 ip...
 arp...

fi

It will be executed for every interface, others that dummy0 are skipped.

I would like to use something else, if someone knows better way.

Regards,
Kimmo