[CentOS] force b/w printing

Janez Kosmrlj

postnalista at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 3 08:48:54 UTC 2010

Has anyone an idea, how to force users to print b/w on a color printer.
We are in the process to deploy color printers to some of our offices where
they use centos 5.5 as their OS. They need the printers to print some
advertisement material. But for everything else, they don't need it. And
because of the costs of the color printing we would like to force them to
use B/W where not explicitly necessary. Is there a way to force  a printer
driver to be just B/W even if it is a color printer. So i could install a
second color printer which would only be available to a special print user.