[CentOS] Kerberized NFS4 w/AD 2008 R2

James A. Peltier

jpeltier at fas.sfu.ca
Wed Aug 4 18:53:55 UTC 2010

Is anyone currently using CentOS 5.5 with 2008 R2 AD authentication and a
fully Kerberized NFSv4?  If so would you mind sharing your configuration
with me?

I have been able to successfully get it working with Windows 2003 as
discussed earlier on the list

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2010-July/096374.html

With the exception that I had to use dynamic UIDs on the machine since we
don't have Services for UNIX installed.  Instead of going with a long
drawn out certification of Windows 2003 R2 w/SFU, we plan to target our
deployment in line with our Windows 2008 R2 campus deployment.

I have followed everything that I did with Windows 2003 to get it working
but NFSv4 w/Kerberos doesn't seem to work with 2008 R2 at all.  No matter
what I try I consistently get

WARNING: Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial
ticket for principle NFS/hostname at DOMAIN using keytab

or

ERROR: No credentials found for connection to server

any help would be appreciated.  I've been banging my head against a wall
for a while now and may have damaged to many brain cells to see what's
going wrong.

--
James A. Peltier
Systems Analyst (FASNet), VIVARIUM Technical Director
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.fas.sfu.ca | http://vivarium.cs.sfu.ca
           http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier
MSN     : subatomic_spam at hotmail.com

Gravity is a myth.  The world just sucks!