[CentOS] access to file system through web browser

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Fri Aug 6 05:04:47 UTC 2010

Hi

Using apache (either webdav or index) destroys the file permissions, on top
of that I have to add the user that runs apache (nobody) to the group permissions
having access to the file system.

Most of my file systems do not have global access, only owner/group ...
especially when it comes to data files ...

WINSCP uses ssh, and ssh (when logged in) uses the file permissions
that are used within the system. This is one of the prime reasons using WINSCP.

The only way I can achieve keeping the permissions alive using either WINSCP
(or derivatives) or a UI (php based) that interacts with the filessystem
sthrough php based functions (imap,ftp,ssh).

I found a few .. and there are some really good ones ... after I put the correct
search terms in (thanks for that hint).

  http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=php+file+browser

Jobst