[CentOS] yum-fastestmirror inconsistent exclude behavior

Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists)

matt.baluyos.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 06:48:11 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out something wherein excluded repositories for
the yum-fastestmirror plugin are still being used by the system.

To illustrate:

[root at sales ~]# cat /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/fastestmirror.conf
[main]
enabled=1
verbose=0
socket_timeout=3
hostfilepath=/var/cache/yum/timedhosts.txt
maxhostfileage=10
maxthreads=15
#exclude=.gov, facebook
exclude=maulvi, .gov.ph, .vn

(Note the name of mirrors that I am trying to exclude)

However, when I run yum, this is what I get:

[root at sales ~]# yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Excluding mirror: mirror.pscigrid.gov.ph
Excluding mirror: mirror.viethosting.vn
 * addons: centos.maulvi.net
Excluding mirror: mirror.pscigrid.gov.ph
Excluding mirror: mirror.viethosting.vn
 * base: centos.maulvi.net
Excluding mirror: mirror.pscigrid.gov.ph
Excluding mirror: mirror.viethosting.vn
 * extras: centos.maulvi.net
 * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
Excluding mirror: centos.maulvi.net
 * updates: mirror.viethosting.vn
Setting up Update Process
No Packages marked for Update
[root at sales ~]#

If you notice, centos.maulvi.net is still being used despite me
putting it on the exclude list of the fastestmirror config. Also, the
behavior does not seem to be consistent as on another repo (updates),
the previously excluded mirror.viethosting.vn is used.

Any pointers on what I could be doing wrong? or is this a bug?

Thanks!

Regards,
Matt

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.