[CentOS] Remote nautilus, X display forwarding problem

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Fri Aug 6 13:31:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> From: Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Remote nautilus, X display forwarding problem

*snipped*

> For some reason, now I can just SSH -X in and then start Nautilus.
> This was _not_ working earlier, which is why I hit google and found
> the "display" playthings. Maybe I was forgetting the -X (I don't have
> a history to check, arh!). I don't know, but it works now.
>
> Thanks, sorry for the noise.

If you ran the following from bash:

✈dcl:~$ xhost + localhost
localhost being added to access control list
✈dcl:~$ ssh -X user at ip.address

There should be a file in your dcl home directory, called
.bash_history . Each command you type at the bash prompt
will be saved to that file, including any command line
options.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites: