[CentOS] When should LVM be used?

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 12:42:00 UTC 2010

> I understand the advantages when using a server, but my personal
> computer is a Small Form Factor Dell GX270 with only one hard drive
> slot.  But I'll look closer into LVM options when I install on the
> bigger hard drive. Thanks.

Those examples actually came from situations I faced with a home PC. :)

I had a small VIA Epia based PC with a 40GB internal drive that I had
to expand because it didn't have enough space. I added a couple of
external USB enclosures and expanded that way. Later on I ended up
migrating the same data off the external enclosures and onto a QNAP
I'd acquired because the USB enclosures were too small.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie