[CentOS] kernel: bnx2i: iSCSI not supported, dev=ethX

David

david at adurotec.com
Mon Aug 16 17:11:41 UTC 2010

Running CentOS 5.5 x86_64 on Dell R710 boxes.  I have the server(s)
configured for bonding/vlan and will be using iscsi to a SAN.  I am in
the pre-deployment stage so I am just setting up the basic cookie cutter
configurations so I haven't initiated the iscsi connection to a SAN yet.

While going through the error messages I noticed this error:

kernel: bnx2i: iSCSI not supported, dev=ethX.

First time I have seen this error while configuring previous Dell
servers, though I noticed most of my older boxes are using the tg3
module for the onboard NIC's.

Has anyone run into this error message and if so does it means what it
says....iSCSI not supported for the target device?

Thanks,
David