[CentOS] Need tip on an inexpensive printer for college student using CentOS 5.5

cornel panceac cpanceac at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 04:51:26 UTC 2010

> I heard somewhare that *all* Lexmark printers are well supported under
> linux
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajagopal
>

> i've only seen one (big laserjet color , c760 probably, postscript)
lexmark printer working in linux.

otoh, if a printer works in fedora does not meen it will work in centos.
actually, at one point in time, after replacing fedora core 6 with centos 5,
i've found out the lowend hp inkjet printer no longer works, so i had to
replace it with fedora 9 (since it was faster than messing with hp* rpms
that had yet to be build at that time.)

--
Among the maxims on Lord Naoshige's wall, there was this one: "Matters of
great concern should be treated lightly." Master Ittei commented, "Matters