[CentOS] Wrong disk size problem.

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Wed Aug 18 07:36:02 UTC 2010

Semih,
On 18/08/10 08:18, Semih Gokalp wrote:
> Disk size and other indormation like below.Normally,md2 partition
> should have 46GB free disk size but available value is zero.Why it
> show zero ? If you help me,I will be happy.
5% space is reserved. This can be modified during formatting with
mkfs.ext3 during format time or later with tune2fs command.

 From tune2fs's man:

     -m reserved-blocks-percentage
               Set the percentage of the filesystem which may only be
allocated by privileged  processes.    Reserving
             some number of filesystem blocks for use by privileged
processes is done to avoid filesystem fragmenta‐
               tion, and to allow system daemons, such as syslogd(8), to
continue to  function  correctly  after  non-
               privileged processes are prevented from writing to the
filesystem.  Normally, the default percentage of
               reserved blocks is 5%.