[CentOS] SDA and HDA

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Thu Aug 19 10:03:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010, John R Pierce wrote:

> From: John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] SDA and HDA
>
> On 08/18/10 1:17 PM, Keith Roberts wrote:
>> Personally I can't see myself moving hard drives around
>> from machine to machine, as I only have 1 main machine
>> (tower case with 3.5" drives) and a few laptops using 2.5"
>> drives.
>
> the scenario where I've done that is when I'm fixing or recovering data off a
> crashed system.

Hi John.

Maybe the best thing to do would be use the Gparted live
CD partition editor, to boot directly off the CD, and then
check there are no conflicts with your partition labels?

If so you could edit the partition labels using Gparted (or
a similar tool) without having to mount any of the hard
drives?

There are a lot of other partition tools mentioned on the
Gparted page at:

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts