[CentOS] dmesg- bnx2i: iSCSI not supported, dev=eth0

Clint Dilks clintd at scms.waikato.ac.nz
Thu Aug 19 21:32:58 UTC 2010

Hi,

For those cards the bnx2i driver must be used whether you want to use
ISCSI offloading or not.  To get ISCSI offloading working you need to be
running a custom version of bnx2i.

Dell supply their own custom version of the bnx2i driver (or at least
they did around the time of CentOS 5.3).
I experimented with this on Both CentOS and Red Hat.  Initially when
contacting Dell I was told ISCSI offloading with a multipath
configuration in Linux was definitely possible.  Then after a 3-4 months
of trial and failure the call was closed as Technically not possible.  I
was told to wait for the release of Red Hat 6.