[CentOS] is there a mplayer yum website?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Aug 24 11:18:20 UTC 2010

> I want to install mplayer but my GCC is 4.0.   can not  compile the mplayer.

A compiled mplayer RPM is available from rpmforge:

gollum.deepsoft.com% rpm -qi mplayer
Name        : mplayer                      Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.0                               Vendor: Dag Apt Repository, http://dag.wieers.com/apt/
Release     : 0.43.svn20090711.el5.rf       Build Date: Mon 14 Jun 2010 09:47:47 AM EDT
Install Date: Fri 13 Aug 2010 05:17:04 PM EDT      Build Host: lisse.hasselt.wieers.com
Group       : Applications/Multimedia       Source RPM: mplayer-1.0-0.43.svn20090711.el5.rf.src.rpm
Size        : 11054098                         License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Mon 14 Jun 2010 10:06:14 AM EDT, Key ID a20e52146b8d79e6
Packager    : Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>
URL         : http://mplayerhq.hu/
Summary     : MPlayer, the Movie Player for Linux
Description :
MPlayer is a multimedia player. It plays most video formats as well as DVDs.
Its big feature is the wide range of supported output drivers. There are also
nice antialiased shaded subtitles and OSD.

On x86, additional Win32 binary codecs should be added to
/usr/lib/codecs/.

Available rpmbuild rebuild options :
--with : dvdread
--without : aalib lirc cdparanoia arts xvid esd lzo fame caca dvb vstream
            theora osdmenu gcccheck fribidi xvmc x264 faac mpc live ladspa
            amrnb samba speex twolame