[CentOS] Updates offered annoyance

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Wed Aug 25 12:19:25 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 02:14:02PM +0200, Aleksandar Stoisavljevic wrote:

> This is ok when I have good internet speed (@work) but when I am home, this
> update takes a lot of time.

	Welcome to life on the internet.

> I guess I can skip updates but I wasn't experiencing such annoyance with
> CentOS 5.4. My gues is that when
> CentOS 5.4 was finalized there is no updates to that DVD.

	Why in the world would you opt to skip updates?  How is updating
	your system an annoyance?

	5.X are just point-in-time snapshots of CentOS 5 and all patches
	leading up to the time that 5.X was released.  Updates are a
	continuing process that will occur for the lifetime of the
	release.

> Is there any suggestions ?

	Yes, bite the bullet and update.

							John

--
Anybody can win unless there happens to be a second entry.

-- George Ade (1866 - 1944), American writer, newspaper columnist,
and playwright