[CentOS] System beeps in kernel 2.6.18-194

Glenn Eychaner geychaner at mac.com
Tue Aug 31 13:36:19 UTC 2010

On Aug 26, 2010, at 12:00 PM, centos-request at centos.org wrote:

>> ?Is there someplace can I find *detailed* release notes on the differences between -164 and -194 kernels to help in looking for the problem, pinning it down, and submitting a patch (and/or building my own kernel), or should I just download the SRPMS and dig in?
>
> You can find kernel changelog diffs here (maintaind by Alan Bartlett):
>
> http://www.centos.toracat.org/ajb/kernel-clog-diff/

Is there any place that I can find RPM or SRPM packages for the kernels between 18-164 and 18-194 that are listed in this kernel log?  It would really help narrow down the problem if I could just build each kernel version and test it; then at least I'd only have one set of differences to go through rather than 30.

[Not a kernel expert, but willing to give it a solid go!]

Thanks,
-G.
--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory