[CentOS] ext4?

Sat Aug 7 15:50:18 UTC 2010
James Bensley <jwbensley at gmail.com>

Listee's...

I have a 5.5 box and I have formatted a partition as ext4 however I
can't mount it, the mount command is telling me its an unknown file
system type. fsck tells me the partition is a clean ext4 partition but
I can't mount it.

Some reasearch has lead me to believe the problem is that ext4 isn't
enabled in the kernel by default in 5.5 (this was originally a 5.2 box
that has been upgraded over time, its now on 2.6.18).

I'm struggling to find some idiots steps to either get the kernel
rebuilt or use the CentOSPlus repo's to get the ext4 module for the
kernel etc....Can anyone point me at an idiots guide to make this
work?

--
Regards,
James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and J others...?