[CentOS] NTFS is more resilient than ext3? Or is it hardware issue?

Thu Aug 12 08:55:29 UTC 2010
Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at arinet.org>

Hi guys,
I don't mean to incite debate or something, just want to share
experience and a little curiosity.

Back long time ago, we have an old file MS W2K (NTFS) server where due
no admin was available to manage it, the server would get power off
when the office closed, and auto power on again in the morning. That
thing happened for years and it was fine ^^

Recently, I setup a Centos 5.5 file server with ext3 and got power
blackout twice and I notice the filesystem got corrupted and also bad
sectors.

Is it just pure random luck, software or hardware issue?
What's your experience?

Thank you.