[CentOS] /bin/su wont work inside a chroot?

Sun Aug 1 18:55:48 UTC 2010
JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Sun, 2010-08-01 at 13:22 -0400, Jason Pyeron wrote:

> [root at devserver21 etc]# sudo su -l apache
> failed to get default context
> [root at devserver21 etc]# sudo su apache
> failed to get default context
> [root at devserver21 etc]# sudo
> [root at devserver21 etc]#
-----
Well how are you creating the chroot? and why do you want to build an
rpm as apache? and is this over nfs? If so it will not work as you would
think.

Try creating the chroot in /tmpfs?

Heres what I get
[root at ethies ~]# sudo su -l apache
This account is currently not available.

[root at ethies ~]# su apache
This account is currently not available.

Looks like it is meant or not in sudoers....to be like this or it is a
bug.  SELinux is Active also.   Maybe someone else can confirm this?  I
do not think some service accounts allow this but I know postgres does.

[root at ethies ~]# su postgres
bash-3.2$

John