[CentOS] /bin/su wont work inside a chroot?

Sun Aug 1 20:18:11 UTC 2010
JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Sun, 2010-08-01 at 16:00 -0400, Jason Pyeron wrote:

> > Nasty things happen when you build rpms like that.
> > See www.owlriver.com , Russ has an article there about it [1].
>
> Agreed. I am hacking together a solution to put in to our mockbuilder. Needed to
> have a working subversion 1.6.x in our yum repo by Monday morning (client
> deliverable). I have goten everything to work until subversions make test
> launches apache as root.... It just produced the 1st mod_dav_svn-1.6.12 rpm as I
> was typing this email.
>
> Give me ten minutes I will publish the src.rpms...
---
I would be very skeptical as launching apache as root.  Would like to
see that specfile though, you can su in the specfile it self to switch
to another user or daemon.  I have an rpm that does just that.

John