[CentOS] kernel panic not syncing fatal exception due to reiserfs -- rebooted properly on ext3

Tue Aug 3 12:52:56 UTC 2010
Agnello George <agnello.dsouza at gmail.com>

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 1:25 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

>  On 08/03/10 12:44 AM, Agnello George wrote:
>

>> Thanks for you reply , currently we have the default kernel 2.6.18-128.el5
>>  ( centos 5.3 ) , can i install the kernel-2.6.18-8.1.8.el5.src.rpm and add
>> the patch to this or do i have to  download the kernel 2.6.21 then compile
>> it and then install it .  I had been to the kernel.org <http://kernel.org>
>> and cant find the kernel 2.6.21 , the kernels available are 2.6.27.49 and
>> above .
>>

> # yum update
>
> should install the latest centos5 kernel (centosplus if you installed your
> reiser supporting kernel from there) and that should have the fixes
> installed.

Hi
I have install the  kernel using the Centosplus repo .. currenlly the kernel
is
2.6.18-194.8.1.el5.centos.plus
but how would i know if that patch is fixed in this version of the kernel
 as mentioned in http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3156

--
Regards
Agnello D'souza