[CentOS] who uses Lustre in production with virtual machines?

Tue Aug 3 14:45:12 UTC 2010
Lars Hecking <lhecking at users.sourceforge.net>

Emmanuel Noobadmin writes:
> On 8/3/10, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at softdux.com> wrote:
> > I'm considering setting up a Lustre cluster system for our XEN virtual
> > machines as shared storage, mainly for high availability on our XEN
> > VPS servers.
> >
> > Does anyone use Lustre in a production environment?
> > What is your opinions / experiences with it?
>
> I haven't used Lustre but was also researching on using it for same
> purpose as shared storage for VMs. Dropped it in the end from
> consideration after some discussion on the Lustre mailing list points
> out that it's more intended for high performance rather than high
> availability. So it might not be that suitable as a HA solution.
>
> Have you considered trying Gluster instead?

 What do Gluster or Lustre offer that the builtin Red Hat Cluster Suite
 does not?

This message and any attachments may contain Cypress (or its
subsidiaries) confidential information. If it has been received
in error, please advise the sender and immediately delete this
message.