[CentOS] who uses Lustre in production with virtual machines?

Tue Aug 3 17:18:24 UTC 2010
Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu>

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 at 6:11pm, Rudi Ahlers wrote

> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Emmanuel Noobadmin
> <centos.admin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> From what I understand, I cannot do the equivalent of network RAID 1
>> with a normal DRBD/HB style cluster. Gluster with replicate appears to
>> do exactly that. I can have 2 or more storage servers with real time
>> duplicates of the same data so that if any one fails the cluster does
>> not run into problem. By using gluster distribute over pairs of
>> server, it seems that I can also easily add more storage by adding
>> more pairs of replicate server.
>
> I'm thinking more in the lines of network RAID10, if it's possible?

Yes, you can do that with Gluster.  That's the standard config produced by
gluster-volgen if you feed it more than 2 volumes.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin