[CentOS] Manually mounting partitions in "linux rescue" mode

Tue Aug 3 18:27:45 UTC 2010
James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>

I normally use a live CD for this sort of thing... in that case you don't
need to cheroot at all. Just make sure your
<rootmountpoint>/boot/grub/device.map is correct and do grub-install
--root-directory=<rootmountpoint> /dev/sda (assuming you want the mbr on
sda)

James