[CentOS] CentOS 5.5 latest revisions seem really slow

Wed Aug 4 07:41:03 UTC 2010
Mark <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM, JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can do:
> rpm -q --changelog kernel >> changelog.log   \
> rpm -q --changelog kernel-2.6.18-194.8.1.el5 >> changelog.log
>
> To view the changelog for patches and BZs Applied to the kernel or any
> rpm.  As in load up the newest one and run the command.  I see a lot of
> changes between the newest one and the one (194.3.1) that you tried and
> said solved it.  I would creep on up in versions to the newest one you
> can run with out the problem then file a bug report with a good
> description of the problem and type of hardware also (i think important
> for your problem).

Egad - on the CentOS mirror I checked (USC), there are no kernels
between 194.3.1 and 194.8.1.

If I just build kernels from the Linux archives, would those just work
as-is under CentOS?  I haven't actually done that in a while, but if
it's moderately safe using the "standard" spec files....

(I haven't looked through the changelogs yet.)

Mark