[CentOS] Dogs, trolls, and neighborly free/open source

Wed Aug 4 14:57:58 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 8/4/2010 7:20 AM, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Whit Blauvelt a écrit :
>

>> So is the notion that "help your neighbor" is more Middle Eastern and "dog
>> eat dog" more, what, American? The Middle East currently has Al Qaeda,
>> Hizbolla, Hamas, the Taliban, the IDF ... all embracing a philosophy for
>> which "dog eat cog" would be too kind a label. I'm sure from some
>> perspectives the same thing can be said of US and NATO forces in the area.
>>

> I'm Austrian and I live in a small village in South France. I'm on
> excellent terms with my neighbour, who comes from a small village in
> Morocco. Sometimes, we help each other out to borrow salt, milk, flour,
> pepper or some other ingredient we forgot to buy in town, twelve
> kilometers away.
>
> I've read through a few messages of Mr Hadi Motamedi, and his attitude
> seems to be more like: hey, man, can you please come over to my flat and
> cook my dinner?

Aren't we all pretty comfortable with using thousands of man-hours of
other people's work for free?  And, his posts are a tiny percentage of
this thread and I can't see where anyone else has added much useful
content either, nor do I see much point in bringing up ethnicity.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com