[CentOS] Dogs, trolls, and neighborly free/open source

Thu Aug 5 20:57:02 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 8/5/2010 2:50 PM, John R. Dennison wrote:

>> So where would he have found an answer to the question that sparked this
>> thread of non-answers: the one about installing a redhat version that
>> didn't support USB on a USB disk?
>
> 	There seems to be a disconnect here, and for the life of me I
> 	can not fathom as to why that may be.  I believe it has been
> 	made abundantly clear that Hadi is, and will most likely
> 	continue to be, a leech.  The issue that started this is
> 	no different than any other that he has brought to this list.
>
> 	You are free to think he did some work on his own, and you
> 	are free to think that the sun will rise in the west tomorrow;
> 	that does not make either true.

I guess I don't see how you get to the point of installing multiple
linux distributions and run into a problem with one of them in one
scenario without having done some of the work.  i don't think he's just
guessing that it will be a problem.

>> So enlighten us - point us to where someone should go to find that answer.
>
> 	I am pretty sure that in a past post I alluded to google?

Yes, but knowing how to spell google is not going to solve this problem.
  You, of course are free to think otherwise, but that doesn't make it true.

>       You are, however, deluding yourself to think he
> 	bothered to do *any* such searching.

I'm thinking it doesn't matter, because searching won't find the answer.

>> Beg your pardon?  Do you really drop things to answer list email?  Ever?
>
> 	The list is not important enough for me to do so, no.  But when
> 	I do bother to reply it means that I am not doing other things
> 	at the time, so effectively in the long run it pans out the
> 	same way.  Nor does it change what I stated; people feel
> 	entitled for no explicable reason - sorry Les, I don't play
> 	that game.

But you are playing a game. You don't have to reply to a message at all
if you aren't going to give an answer.

> 	In my eyes, and my experience, leeches are best addressed by
> 	being ignored so that they are *forced* to do the work on their
> 	own, or at least making the effort to try to do so.

Umm, OK, but...

> 	Hell, even back on chinet (you remember chinet?)

Chinet is still alive and well, although in a bit different form.  You
should show up at one of the anniversary outings.

>       I was told to
> 	RTFM by Suess, jcs, piggy, and others.

But they would have told you which FM to R.  No one here has done that
yet.  No place they could have sent you back then would have been as
non-specific as google.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com