[CentOS] yum-fastestmirror inconsistent exclude behavior

Fri Aug 6 22:46:21 UTC 2010
Lee Perez <leecajun at windstream.net>

Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to figure out something wherein excluded repositories for
> the yum-fastestmirror plugin are still being used by the system.
>
> To illustrate:
>
> [root at sales ~]# cat /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/fastestmirror.conf
> [main]
> enabled=1
> verbose=0
> socket_timeout=3
> hostfilepath=/var/cache/yum/timedhosts.txt
> maxhostfileage=10
> maxthreads=15
> #exclude=.gov, facebook
> exclude=maulvi, .gov.ph, .vn
>
> (Note the name of mirrors that I am trying to exclude)
>
> However, when I run yum, this is what I get:
>
> [root at sales ~]# yum update
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
> Excluding mirror: mirror.pscigrid.gov.ph
> Excluding mirror: mirror.viethosting.vn
>  * addons: centos.maulvi.net
> Excluding mirror: mirror.pscigrid.gov.ph
> Excluding mirror: mirror.viethosting.vn
>  * base: centos.maulvi.net
> Excluding mirror: mirror.pscigrid.gov.ph
> Excluding mirror: mirror.viethosting.vn
>  * extras: centos.maulvi.net
>  * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
> Excluding mirror: centos.maulvi.net
>  * updates: mirror.viethosting.vn
> Setting up Update Process
> No Packages marked for Update
> [root at sales ~]#
>
> If you notice, centos.maulvi.net is still being used despite me
> putting it on the exclude list of the fastestmirror config. Also, the
> behavior does not seem to be consistent as on another repo (updates),
> the previously excluded mirror.viethosting.vn is used.
>
> Any pointers on what I could be doing wrong? or is this a bug?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Matt

Hi Matt,

Just out of curiosity, have you tried putting a . in front of maulvi
(exclude=.maulvi, .gov.ph, .vn).  This is just from my old cool
programing days when a misplaced . would drive you nuts.

HTH.
Lee