[CentOS] ext4?

Sat Aug 7 18:10:53 UTC 2010
James Bensley <jwbensley at gmail.com>

[nf5002 at eros boot]$ sudo cat /boot/grub/menu.lst
# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd1,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/sda1
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/sda
default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd1,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title CentOS (2.6.18-92.el5)
        root (hd1,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-92.el5 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
        initrd /initrd-2.6.18-92.el5.img

I only have one kernel listen which is why I assume I am behind, I
think yum has been getting new kernels but not building them and
editing the grub meun. vmlinuz-2.6.18-92.el5 and
initrd-2.6.18-92.el5.img is the only kernel in /boot?

I don't want to be a bother so can point me at a resolution i.e. point
me at some documentation on how to make a new kernel image out of the
resouces in /lib/modules/2.6.18-194.8.1.el5 and I shall do so.

Many thanks to you all so far your help is greatly appreciated.

--
Regards,
James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and J others...?