[CentOS] OT: Package to truncate .mp3 file

Sun Aug 8 22:33:10 UTC 2010
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010, John R. Dennison wrote:

> From: John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] OT: Package to truncate .mp3 file
>
> On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 04:29:41PM -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> I have a 2.9 MB  MP3 file. Would like to use about the first 10%, to
>> embed sound on a web page. The Packages I have in Applications > Sound
>> & Video don't seem to be able to  edit the file like that. Is there a
>> Package I can get from a Yum Repository that will do that? Using
>> CentOS 5.5 (32 bit).   TIA!
>
> 	Audacity should be able to handle that I believe.
>
> 	Rpmforge carries it.

Yes, I can second that. Just load the mp3 file into
audacity, select the part to cut, then save the
remaining part of the file to a different name.

Keith

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net
http://www.karsites.net