[CentOS] Iptables questions

Tue Aug 10 20:40:32 UTC 2010
Whit Blauvelt <whit at transpect.com>

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 04:30:16PM -0400, Bob Hoffman wrote:

> I am interested in doing a number of security ideas to the firewall,
> iptables, on my webserver. If you have a program you would suggest or
> believe iptables is the proper solution, please feel free to post that.

For a set of useful components you might look here:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/dynfw.xml

Not a complete solution, but very useful options for dropping, blocking or
rate limiting specific remote IPs at the firewall, that are consistent with
varied iptables setups, and can be easily called from whatever scripts
you're using to identify bad IPs.

Regards,
Whit